The value and culture behind our names hold significance, which is the inspiration behind this necklace. Yu (雨) translates to rain and is part of Tina’s (Founder of Mikumo Apparel) Chinese Name, 雨青.
We designed this necklace with rain and sunshine in mind. It made me think of Hina, the mythical ‘Sunshine Girl’ in ‘Weathering with You’. This folklore describes the spiritual capabilities of praying the rain away. I picked out an Opal for this raindrop setting because it reminded me of the sun bursting through the rainy clouds. The way the rainbow reflects beautifully on the opal is as vibrant as a rainbow after a rainy day.
Written by Mikumo Apparel, similar to the English idiom, "every cloud has a silver lining."
Handcrafted 16K Gold Plated Copper Brass Dainty Chain (44 cm or 17.5")
18K Brass Gold Plated Cabochon Setting
Natural Oval Opal Cabochon
- All orders will be processed within 2-7 business days of purchase
- Once processed, domestic shipments within the United States will arrive in 2-5 business days (subject to delays)
- International shipments may take 4-6 weeks to arrive (subject to delays)
- Orders are securely packaged in jewelry boxes so that items remain safe
- For any issues and concerns, please contact us at email@example.com
- Many of the jewelry pieces dainty, so it is recommended to remove before sleeping to prevent jewelry breakage
- Gently clean the items with the soft microfiber cloth provided
- When not in use, store items away from moisture and direct sunlight
- For longevity, avoid water, perfume, or other harsh chemicals.